A healthy lifestyle + food blog, with the mission of making healthy eating simple, easy & delicious.
I’m finally spilling.
And you can watch it all go down today.
I’m giving away one of my favorite recipes from the SRH Summer Meal Plan-- these Quinoa Stuffed Baked Tomatoes.
They’re the perfect healthy summer party dish, AND an easy make-ahead and one-pot [pan] lunch or dinner. Whatever way you slice it [or stuff it] you’re gonna want to know how to make these.
But, don’t worry. It’s not complicated and won’t take you a long time.
Because I think it’s possible to have it all.
It’s by far, my favorite and the best way to eat.
And to prove it, I made one of my funny little vid’s for you all so you can see -really- how easy it is to do.
So you’ll either learn something new, or get a little mid-day laugh. Either are perfectly fine by me.
———->> Click here to watch the video <<———-
8 large tomatoes (firmer side)
1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
crumbled feta, goat cheese or gorgonzola crumbled cheese
1 small handful fresh herbs (parsley or basil) or 1 tsp oregano/Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic
2 – 4 cups fresh spinach (or more)
cooked crumbled organic sausage (optional)
sea salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Cook quinoa: combine ½ cup dry quinoa with 1 cup water and 2 dashes of sea salt and cover with a lid. As soon as water boils, reduce heat to the lowest simmer or turn heat completely off and keep covered with a lid. Let sit for 10 minutes until done.
3. Slice top off of each tomato and gently scoop the seeds out. Place in a glass or ceramic baking dish. If they do not sit flat, slice a bit off the bottom.
4. In a skillet, sauté crumbled sausage first (if you’re using it) then add garlic and spinach to the pan until spinach wilts. Add this to a large bowl, then add the herbs, quinoa, cheese of your choice + sea salt and pepper together and mix to combine.
5. Fill each tomato, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and top with a tiny bit of crumbled cheese:
6. Bake at 425 for approx 20 mins until done. Broil for the last 2-3 minutes to get a nice crispy brown layer on top. Serve hot or cold.
Are you a part of the Summer Meal Plan crew yet? If so and you’ve made these- tell us about it in the comments below. Any favorite variations or reviews?
Simply Real Health, Inc is a healthy lifestyle company on a mission to educate, teach and inspire others to live their happiest + healthiest life. Pay it forward and share this message with someone you love | http://www.simplyrealhealth.com |